Saturday, March 10, 2012

My opinion on who should helm the Batman reboot after Nolan is done.

Who should helm Batman after Nolan is done? That is a very good question, there are lots of potential suitors, but there really is only one correct answer;  Matthew Vaughn.

You have seen his body of work; Kick-Ass was a very good movie.. he didn't even bother trying to make that movie PG-13, he stuck close to the original's adult like themes such as the violence for example, and also he got the point of the comic; can regular people be superheroes? He answered that with style, yes.. just not a very good one at that.

Also, let's not forget Xmen First class; which I thought was the best movie of 2011. He made an origin story of Xavier and Magneto and how they became friends then enemies, and it isn't because they were born that way, it's ideological differences. Xavier wanted mutants to be accepted by humans, meanwhile Magneto doesn't want their acceptance, matter of fact he thinks that mutants are superior to humans. Both minds are right and wrong. He also made the the invasion of pigs a pretty big deal, which it was! I liked the late 50's-early 60's backdrop, see if you had somebody else doing this, they would've not put such care in the little things that make a film complete as a whole. 

So do I have to explain why Vaughn should direct the next Batman movies? He keeps close to the source material, he knows how to make proper comic book movies that feels like comic books. I love Nolan's movies, but they are not comic book movies to a degree of feeling like comic books. The movies are more like "If Batman was in our reality", get what I am saying? This is by no means a bad criticism, it just bugs me that's all, I'm not saying he should just go the authentic comic book feel and go back to the silver age, no I am not saying that. I love his movies, but I really don't care for realism in movies. I don't go to movies to watch real life, I go to movies to escape my own crappy existence. Want to watch a real faithful comic book movie? Watch the Iron man and Spiderman movies, those were REAL comic book movies.

So all in all, if WB gives Vaughn the helm to do these movies, he would do a fine job. Many people will still think that Nolan's movies are the best and the golden example of how to do a comic book movie.. just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment