Monday, April 16, 2012

An update: Name change and the mission statement of the website.

I know I haven't been posting enough this month, but I haven't really the time to do so.. I need to get myself ready for the two episode premiere of my show and have to move out of the house in a few weeks. Times are crazy, but I will get through it.

Now the name change: I didn't like my name so I changed it. My name is Paterfamilias, and it is a reference to "O' brother where art thou", one of my favorite movies. It rolls off the tongue doesn't it, and i think it has more presence than my last name.

And with that I also changed the name of my site to BEYOND THE TAPE. Because I really love VHS, I grew up with VHS'. That old beeping noise when you start the tape still gives me goosebumps. Plus the name gives you an idea of what I am about: Nostalgia. I believe that the single most relate able thing in this planet that sew us together is the past. We love the old tv shows,movies,and video games; that's why TV give us reruns, movie theaters re release movies, and the internet show us old clips of of everything including games. It's the past that shape us of what we are today, memories; GOOD AND BAD. That's is why critics like The Nostalgia Critic, James Rolfe, and Spoony is so popular on the web, they recognize what their audience is and they deliver week after week . Hopefully I will be able to do that for you, forget about what the hell is going in this mad,mad,mad world of ours, and watch my videos to get your mind off things and bask in the glory days.

And with that, I am off to write some more scripts for upcoming episodes. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment